Kids’ Chance of Rhode Island Scholarship Overview
Kids’ Chance of Rhode Island is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides scholarships for children of workers that have been killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident, repetitive trauma claim or occupational disease resulting in financial need. Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year for which they are eligible. Current annual scholarship amounts range from ($1,000–$5,000) and are determined based on the student’s financial need and if funds are available.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be 15-26 years of age at the time disbursement of the Kids Chance of Rhode Island scholarship grant.
- Applicants must be accepted for enrollment or enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary school (university, community college, trade, vocational/technical college, etc.) at the time of the scholarship grant disbursement.
- Applicants must have achieved a high school diploma by the time of the first disbursement of the scholarship award.
- Applicants must complete a FAFSA, the free application for federal student aid.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need to pay for secondary education.
- Full Eligibility for 2021-2022
- Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application with student, family and university/college/vocational/technical school contact information
- Transcript of most recent grades – unofficial transcript is acceptable
- Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) you received from completing the FAFSA, with your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC), IF you are attending a 2 year or 4 year college or university
- Brief description of the applicant’s intended major, educational and career goals
- Brief description of how the injury to the worker has affected the financial circumstances of the worker and his/her family
- Brief description of the injury, illness or fatality
- Proof of compensable injury/illness claim such as determination letter by the state workers’ compensation commission, voluntary agreement or Finding and Award
- Parents’ basic employer information such as name, address, phone
- Student account statement from the university, college or technical school applicant plans to attend
Deadline: Post mark application by April 1, 2021.
Applications should be sent to:
Kids’ Chance of Rhode Island
260 West Exchange St, Suite 101
Providence, RI 02903
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.